Pan Am & Miami Dade College Degree & Pilot Certificates
Professional Pilot Technology Degree
Get your aviation degree today!
Pan Am International Flight Academy & Miami Dade College established the Pan Am Career Pilot Academy out of Miami Executive Airport. This professional flight training program was created specifically for MDC students that will obtain the FAA certification for Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, Instrument Rating, Multi-engine rating, and Certified Flight Instructor (CFI).
With the MDC – Pan Am accelerated dynamic program, the students are able to finish the two-year degree in about 18 months.
The renowned Eig-Watson School of Aviation has been a leader in the aviation field since its beginnings in 1961. As a pioneer in aviation education, it has served the South Florida area as one of the premier institutes of learning. Continuing in its success, the School has expanded its degree and course offerings to include the multi-dimensional field of transportation and logistics.
Pan Am International Flight Academy is a leader in aviation training and has more experience, simulator fleet types and more programs catering to the aviation service industry than any other training organization. As the only surviving division of original Pan American World Airways, Pan Am International Flight Academy can trace its instruction heritage to the earliest days of airline flight training.
Our associate degrees and certificate programs are designed to meet the needs of students interested in becoming tomorrow’s professionals. Our FAA-approved courses blend theory with application to provide students with the theoretical knowledge and real-world skills needed to succeed in the 21st century.
What courses are available?
• A.S. in Professional Pilot Technology
- Commercial Single Engine Accelerated
- Instrument Accelerated Rating
- Private Pilot Accelerated Flight
- Multi Engine Flight
• Commercial Transport Pilot College Credit Certificate (This can be combined simultaneously with A.S. courses)
- Private Pilot Flight
- Private Pilot Theory
- Instrument Pilot Flight
- Instrument Theory
- Commercial Pilot Flight
- Commercial Theory
- Multi Engine Theory
How long does the program take?
• The A.S. in Professional Pilot Technology is comprised of 64 credits, which is normally completed in about 24-30 months.
• With the MDC – Pan Am accelerated dynamic program, the students are able to finish the two-year degree in about 18 months (Depends on the flight training schedule, students aptitude, etc.)
• The Commercial Transport Pilot College Credit Certificate (classes below) may be obtained in about 12 months.
Commercial Transport Pilot CCC Courses
• ASC 1210 Aviation Meteorology
• ATF 1100L Private Pilot Flight Accelerated*
• ATT 1100 Private Pilot Theory
• ATT 2120 Instrument Pilot Theory
• ATF 2305L Instrument Pilot Flight Accelerated
• ATT 2110 Commercial Pilot Theory
• ATF 2210L Commercial Pilot Flight Accelerated
• ATT 2133 Multi-Engine Pilot Theory
** Course not eligible for GI Bill Funding
How many credits do I need?
For students to obtain their Associates in Science Degree for Professional Pilot Technology they will need 64 credits broken down in the following manner:
• 15 credits General Education
• 45 credits Aviation core
• 4 credit electives
What Visa does this program require for International Students?
You will need the F-1 visa.
Please visit https://www.mdc.edu/aviation/contact.aspx for further details
Do you offer financial aid?
There is financial aid available to U.S. citizens and residents.
No financial aid for International students at this time.
There are many scholarships available to help students complete their flight ratings.
Check out our Training Course Options
• Offered to both individuals and groups. Classroom training may be completed at our headquarters in Miami or business partner site.
• Offered in conjunction with other ATC or pilot training programs at any one of Pan Am’s training centers.
• Able to be customized to meet any particular individual or group requirement. Specialty programs for airlines or civil aviation authorities may include customer specific training at the customer’s facilities.
Ready to Come Fly With Us?
Request More Information Today!